Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Lesbianism Begin In All-Girls Schools?
I thought it was. But about 10 years ago, when I first started meeting other PLU, I realized that I was wrong.

These PLU were not only from all-girls schools but even co-ed schools. Some of them did not even realized they were lesbians until they came out to the society and started working. Some were even married and have kids only to realized their other preference later on in their lives. All these while, most of them were in denial until the internet came into our lives and change the way we looked at ourselves.

I am one of those girls who studied in an all-girls school. I wouldn't deny the fact that it is actually quite true that my school's environment helped me in finding my own self. Ever since I was a child I was tomboyish climbing trees, sword-fighting with other boys in my neighbourhood and playing cards by the longkang. I never liked to wear skirts and my hair was always short because of the school's policy. When I was in dramas, I would always get the leading male roles because of my look (ahem!) and my height. And I did enjoy every minute of fame I had in school.

The situation sort of like mould my androgynous character. No, perhaps I should say that the environment actually brought out the androgynous in me. Well but this is just in my case. Not everyone has the same situation like me to become a lesbian. Everyone has their own story. But I will just tell you mine.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by AndroJ at 1:12 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At May 22, 2007 at 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    As a straight male, we share the same appreciation for luscious women. Thus I count you as someone who has a common interest. Keep it up! Would like to read more from you (especially living in conservative Malaysia).

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 9:26 PM, Blogger AndroJ

    mechanic masterz: thank you for dropping by and your positive comment :)

     
  • At May 23, 2007 at 12:55 AM, Blogger Idlan

    this is a fresh perspective on the life and times of KL-ites. RE: co-ed schools etc, i think i agree. when you like someone, sometimes gender becomes irrelevant.

     
  • At May 24, 2007 at 2:15 AM, Blogger AndroJ

    idlan: thanks for dropping by.