Wednesday, May 16, 2007
The L Word
Have you guys watch The L Word? I've just finished watching season 4 and can't wait for the next season which will start shooting next month.

As far as I'm concern, even straight ladies like to watch this show. For the guys, I don't think you will be able to take it. No, I don't mean the many love making scenes on the show. You see, man is either a nanny, sperm donor or a dying father. Sound sexist, huh? I think so. But again, many feminists are lesbians and vice versa.

There are some huge names on this show such as Jennifer Beals, Marlee Matlin and Cybill Shepherd just to name a few. And of course there's the legendary Pam Grier on the show.

My favourite characters are definitely Shane and Alice. Shane played by Katherine Moennig is the player in this show (*spoiler ahead). However, after dumping her girlfriend, the beautiful Carmen played by Sarah Shahi, at the altar during the season finale of season 3, her character has become more mature and serious. Alice on the other hand, is played by Leisha Hailey. She is the funniest character on the show. When Carmen did not come back for season 4, I was totally crushed. The only reason that keeps me watching season 4 is because of the ever hilarious Alice.

What I really like about the show is that when I watch the show, the scenes are all too familiar. Lesbians hanging out at the cafe, happening lesbian party events, beautiful professional looking lesbians, etc, they are all exists. Issues tackled in this show such as coming out, female to male (FTM) transgendered, breast cancer, sexual harassment, artificial insemination, Iraq war, etc are heavy stuff that has been covered so far.

Oh, not to mention the great L Word original soundtrack. The songs are awesome.

Labels: ,

 
posted by AndroJ at 8:35 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: