Monday, May 21, 2007
Coming Out of the Closet
One of the most important stage of a gay or lesbian is coming out of the closet by telling friends or family about his/her sexuality.

I came out when I was 20. When my long time buddy was studying in UK while I was studying in a local university here, we kept in touch via mIRC and ICQ. I always knew my sexual orientation and I knew she was a lesbian too but somehow we never talked about it.

In fact, I was in denial and tried every way that I can not to accept my 'difference'. However, one night while chatting, she asked me if I'm gay and without a doubt, I said yes. She admitted her sexuality too.

Well, like they always say, the rest is history.

Slowly I started to come out to my friends, ex-housemates and ex-colleagues. It was tough telling them but I got used to it and somehow I believe that I should let them know who I really am. So far, all my friends have accepted me and treat me as usual although some of them never mention anything about my sexuality again.

I really hope that one day I'll be able to come out to my family. I am not ready to break the news and see them hurt in the process of finding my true freedom now. Yes, freedom from hiding in this closet for so many years. I really want it so badly for my family members to know that this is the real me. The inside of me whom they have never seen before.

Labels: ,

 
posted by AndroJ at 1:25 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments: